First, select your chart by clicking on the border. Go to the Format tab, and in the dropdown box at the top left of your Ribbon that says Chart Area, and select the axis you want to flip (normally it's the Vertical (Category) Axis, at least in my experience ): Next click. In the Text direction box, click the text orientation that you want. In the Custom angle box, select the degree of rotation that you want. Tip You can also change the horizontal alignment of axis labels, by clicking the axis, and then click Align Left, Center, or Align Right on the Home toolbar.
How to reverse axis order in Excel?
Sometimes, you may need to reverse axis order in a chart. For example, in a bar chart, compared with the data, the axis order is reversed in default, in this case, you may want to reverse the axis order to meet the data order as show as below. Now this tutorial will tell you how to reverse the axis order quickly in Excel.
Create a speedometer chart with two steps！
|Sometimes, you may want to use a speedometer chart to display the pricessing of a project, but in Excel, to create a speedometer chart needs many steps which is complex and wasting time. Here, the Speedometer chart tool in Kutools for Excel can help you create a standard speedometer chart by two simplesteps. Download this tool with free 60-day trial now.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment..
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Reverse axis order in chart
Amazing! Using Efficient Tabs in Excel Like Chrome, Firefox and Safari!
Save 50% of your time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you every day!
There is an option in Format Axis dialog for reversing the axis order.
Avast vs mac cleaner xbox one. 1. Right click the y axis you want to reverse, and select Format Axis from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In Format Axis dialog, check Categories in reverse order option in Axis Options section. See screenshot:
Tip: In bar chart, reserve the x axis with righting click the x axis and selecting the Format Axis from context menu, then checking the Values in reverse order in the Format Axis dialog box.
3. Close the dialog, now the y axis order is reversed.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails..
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range..
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns.. Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges..
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select..
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more..
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments..
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic..
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF..
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel 2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Obrigado amigo!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.When you reverse the order of the y axis, how do you keep the x axis labels at the bottom of the chart? And, why do they move to the top of the chart?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Click 'categories in reverse order' to fix the order problem, then click 'value (Y) axis crosses at maximum category' to put the axis at the bottom.
These two together will make horizontal bar charts work the way any normal human would want.. :-)
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Thank you so much
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.You're the best, thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Double Thanks Sandy.
Why on Earth am I formatting the Horizontal Axis in the Vertical Axis Format Properties Microsoft?!?!?!?! I NEVER would have figured this out without Sandy.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Thanks Sandy
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.This is good; however, I still need the x-axis lables to remain at the bottom fo the chart. When you reverse the order, they move to the top. Who would want the axis labels at the top of the chart????
Have you ever created a chart in Excel only to find that the items appear backwards from what you intended? This happened to me the other day, and I recalled that I had posted the solution as part of a larger tip on creating a Gantt chart from a schedule in Excel.
This is such a useful trick, it bears repeating on its own (since not everyone who uses Excel will find it necessary to read our project management series) and with a little more detail.
First, select your chart by clicking on the border. Go to the Format tab, and in the dropdown box at the top left of your Ribbon that says Chart Area, and select the axis you want to flip (normally it's the Vertical (Category) Axis, at least in my experience):
Next click the Format Selection button directly beneath the dropdown list to open Axis Options:
Now check the Categories in reverse order box and click Close. Your chart listing will be reversed.